[linux-elitists] Re: Replying to a List and another Recipient [was Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers]

Jeff Kinz jkinz@kinz.org
Thu Nov 10 09:29:35 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 04:18:23PM +0000, quasi@cream.org wrote:
> > Anyone with your cultural origins (Jewish) is going to consider that
> > term incredibly offensive. Almost anyone with American (USA) or European
> > origins will also consider it incredibly offensive. I certainly do.
>
> I disagree. The geeks I know use it all the time in the small-n context.
>
> Especially when it comes to the network nazis with their proxies,
> grammar nazis with their gerunds and subjunctives and shoe nazis who
> have declared that Camper shoes are not business-casual. Gah.

The way you use it in your examples, as a synonym for "police", yes
you're right.  I'm not sure the original was used that way, but it
could be.

By the way, the attribution police tell me you didn't have a proper
attrib line in your reply, they'll be emailing you a ticket...... :-)

> I'm Yerpean too.

(spelling police.... :-) )