[linux-elitists] Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Roger Luethi collector@hellgate.ch
Wed Nov 9 14:13:11 PST 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:41:47 -0500, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> I'm all for the "put your money where your mouth is" motto.  It's just
> that, with regard to getting a decent level of 3D acceleration in Linux,
> there is nowhere else to put your money.  The market fail, there is no
> conversation possible.

I wonder why nobody has mentioned open-graphics yet. Anyone care to clue me
in? They do not have a product to sell yet, but they may well offer you a
place to put your money in the not so distant future. IMO they are more
likely to produce the replacement for my Matrox cards than Nvidia & Co.

Roger