[linux-elitists] Replying to a List and another Recipient [was Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers]

Jerry Cooperstein jerry.cooperstein@charter.net
Wed Nov 9 12:40:02 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 12:21 -0800, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> begin  Shlomi Fish  quotation:
> > A completely nazi measurement for a complete non-issue and even
> > anti-issue.
>
> Okay, I realize you're Israeli, but do you think you could chill out a
> little on comparing Don's mailing list configuration with the Holocaust?

Agreed...It's a rule of thumb that once the Nazi or
Fascist reference is made it shows discussion is over.

This whole topic has gone past being useful.  Next time you
want to send out a petition, do it in an open way.
Consider the whole history of the topic first, and get
input on a draft before collecting signatures.
More eyeballs.

If you have only 11 signatures so far, contact them each
individually and ask them if they can live with an
updated petition before it is mailed in, or having the
petition withdrawn.  That will be less work than posting
numerous emails saying it is too late.

IMO, the whole NVIDIA thing is a dead horse.  Their position
is staked out, people have lived with it for a long time
and have methods of dealing with it (including
using open source drivers and just saying no...)
rather than begging.