[linux-elitists] Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il
Wed Nov 9 00:38:17 PST 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 02:22, Ben Finney wrote:
> On 07-Nov-2005, Ben Finney wrote:
> > On 07-Nov-2005, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > > http://www.petitiononline.com/nvfoss/petition.html
> > > for a petition I set up for Nvidia to release open-source drivers.
> >
> > Why are we asking for what does not exist: code that nVidia can
> > release as free software? A much better request would be for what
> > already exists: specifications and interfaces for controlling the
> > hardware [...]
>
> Any response on this, Shlomi?

Hi!

I already sent a reply to Chip Turner about this, but it did not arrive at the
list.

> I notice the existing petition is still
> the same; are you planning to address the point above, or any others?

Sorry, but one cannot change a petition after it was started, because
otherwise people might sign a different petition than the one they read.

> I don't know how many people have currently signed the petition,
> because the "View Current Signatures" link simply sends me a document
> with a broken Content-Type.

Works perfectly for me on Firefox 1.0.x. Seems to be a bit broken on
Konqueror. There seem to be 11 signatures for the time being.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@iglu.org.il

bottom 5%.