[linux-elitists] Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Nov 8 23:20:34 PST 2005

begin Ben Finney quotation of Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 05:21:19PM +1100:

> You might want to just reply on-list in future, rather than Cc to
> people who are already subscribed. (That's what my Mail-Followup-To
> header field explicitly requests you do.)

Point of order: on this list, there's no "might want"
about it.  If you reply to the list plus anyone else,
it doesn't go through to the list.

I'm not optimistic about Nvidia, though.  Not
publishing driver source or programming docs seems
to be part of their "if you ignore it, it'll go away"
approach to the graphics industry's patent situation.

http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/20040118220036.GD903@joehill.bostoncoop.net.html#1074638532.11709.21.camel@xenophanes

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/