[linux-elitists] Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 8 22:21:19 PST 2005

On 09-Nov-2005, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> I already sent a reply to Chip Turner about this, but it did not
> arrive at the list.

You might want to just reply on-list in future, rather than Cc to
people who are already subscribed. (That's what my Mail-Followup-To
header field explicitly requests you do.)

> Sorry, but one cannot change a petition after it was started,

Can it be viewed for discussion before opening it to votes? That might
avoid wasting another round like this on the next one.

> because otherwise people might sign a different petition than the
> one they read.

Starting a new petition that asks for something more reasonable isn't
an option?

> > I don't know how many people have currently signed the petition,
> > because the "View Current Signatures" link simply sends me a
> > document with a broken Content-Type.
>
> Works perfectly for me on Firefox 1.0.x. Seems to be a bit broken on
> Konqueror. There seem to be 11 signatures for the time being.

If you address the concerns voiced in this thread, I would think the
existing signatories should still be satisfied with the new petition.

--
 \     "I'd like to see a nude opera, because when they hit those high |
  `\   notes, I bet you can really see it in those genitals."  -- Jack |