[linux-elitists] Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 8 16:22:11 PST 2005

On 07-Nov-2005, Ben Finney wrote:
> On 07-Nov-2005, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > http://www.petitiononline.com/nvfoss/petition.html
> > for a petition I set up for Nvidia to release open-source drivers.
>
> Why are we asking for what does not exist: code that nVidia can
> release as free software? A much better request would be for what
> already exists: specifications and interfaces for controlling the
> hardware [...]

Any response on this, Shlomi? I notice the existing petition is still
the same; are you planning to address the point above, or any others?

I don't know how many people have currently signed the petition,
because the "View Current Signatures" link simply sends me a document
with a broken Content-Type.

--
 \      "I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a |
  `\               full house and four people died."  -- Steven Wright |