[linux-elitists] Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 8 09:59:20 PST 2005

Quoting Etienne Goyer (etienne.goyer@videotron.ca):

> You can shrug it of all you want, but there is still a cross-section
> of people who care about Linux and who care about gaming.

I have no problem with them existing.  I have a problem with them
shanghaiing online discussions with their bullshit gamer-punk assertions
that their quest for higher framerates trumps all other concerns,
that thus ATI/Nvidia are the only possible choices, and that Nvidia
win because their buggy binary software is faster than ATI's buggy
binary software.

> For those people, the status quo is not satisfactory.

Terrific.  I can suggest some mailing list software, that they're
welcome to use to talk about it.