[linux-elitists] Re: Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 7 10:09:39 PST 2005

Quoting Etienne Goyer (etienne.goyer@videotron.ca):

> The problem is that, if you expect any kind of decent 3D acceleration
> (decent by today's standard, not by 3Dfx's standard), you have no choice
> but to shove a binary driver down your throat.

I have the good fortune to have no use for 3D video at all, on my
computers, let alone high-end performance 3D video.  That's one of the
many computing headaches I avoid simply by not doing it.  And, as Greg
suggested, if I had to have (e.g.) a dedicated gaming box, it might well
run GameOS XP.  But I don't.