[linux-elitists] Petitition for Nvidia to Release Open-Source Drivers

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 7 07:20:21 PST 2005

Quoting Ben Finney (ben@benfinney.id.au):

> A much better request would be for what already exists: specifications
> and interfaces for controlling the hardware? This not only be more
> reasonable; it would allow *anyone* to write drivers, for any
> operating system, under any license the author chooses.

Hear, hear.  I also see no reason to go around looking like a bunch of
supplicdants to industry.  If you want to make an impression, either
join the reverse-engineering effort if you can, or vote with your
dollars (shekelim, etc.) by buying other manufacturers' equipment if you
can't.

Enough with the ceremonies of powerlessness.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."