[linux-elitists] My Anti-Qmail Page

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sat Nov 5 08:50:33 PST 2005

Quoting Shlomi Fish (shlomif@iglu.org.il):

> I set up an anti-qmail page:
> http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/anti/qmail/

1.  And immediately fell for the obvious rhetorical trap of allowing people
to dismiss it as an anti-Dan page:  The first sentence of item #3 ("The
author, Daniel J. Bernstein, is full of bad attitude, is incredibly
stubborn, has a feelings of superiority, and routinely attacks everyone
else") comes across as sophomoric personal wrangling, and has no bearing
on the merits of the MTA itself.

If you want to be taken seriously, don't go there.  Also, much as I was
annoyed at the idiocy of Dan making legal threats at me over my
"libeling" his software, I object to your using that sort of rhetoric.
It's both irrelevant to the issue at hand and unseemly.

2.  Re: "It is no longer actively maintained".  You might mention:
Since 1998-06-15 -- i.e., currently, seven years and counting.  Abandonware.

3.  Re:  "The ezmlm-idx has a lot of duplicacy in its configuration."
I doubt there's such a word as "duplicacy".  I believe you mean
"duplication".  (Bevakasha.  ;->  )

4.  Re:  "qmail lags behind other MTA's in its feature-set."  The best
way to form the plural of an acronym is with "s" rather than
apostrophe-s, thus cleanly distinguishing plural from possessive.