[linux-elitists] multi-user Linux (was: Re: Integrating the firewall ...)

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sun May 1 21:58:21 PDT 2005

begin  Rob McGee  quotation:
> On Sunday 01 May 2005 08:11, Mike MacCana wrote:
> > You mean the average desktop user doesn't find Ctrl Alt F1, username,
> > passwd, 'startx -- :1' intuitive?!?!
>
> FWIW my youngest kids, 8 and almost 7, do exactly that on their shared
> computer. No, not intuitive, but they have learned what to do.

	Of course, both GNOME and KDE have useful systems to make this
sort of thing less detail-oriented.  I actually used to keep an icon
in the top panel to start a new gdm session, back when catastrophe
left our household with only a single working monitor.

--
So are you an honest-to-cripes Atkins dieter with the        Nick Moffitt
little urine test strips and the blood analysis and the     nick@zork.net