[linux-elitists] So, when is the Linux Journal gonna give up and finally

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Tue Mar 29 13:52:34 PST 2005

begin  Greg Folkert  quotation:
> Also, I use adblock: Somehow "ads.linuxjournal.com" got in the list
> to block... and I can't seem to delete it. Curious. If your
> marketing droids found out about adblock, they's hafta swap out the
> thar underwar.

	I'm all about blocking http://ad.*/*.gif and
http://ads.*/*.gif, as well as just plain *.swf.  I've also found it
easier to block akamaized images now that they use the root URL as
part of the cache URL instead of being all unintelligible hashes.

--
"Some of us figured out in the 1950s                        Nick Moffitt
that blacklists were a bad idea.                      nick@teh.entar.net