[linux-elitists] Ha ha Reply-To

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Wed Mar 9 21:53:05 PST 2005

On 10-Mar-2005, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 11:28 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > If your reply is To the list, use the To field correctly.  If the
> > person wants a Cc, they can indicate that with Mail-Followup-To.
>
> Ok, so I'm trying this out...

Not a great test, because:

> I will CC you, but send to the list to see if a person could request
> such a thing without having LE toss it's cookies.

  - I dump duplicate messages, so I'll never know if your message to me
    was also received by the list

> If the person receiving and the person sending wants this, but LE
> refuses to comply, I call that a bug. Or are users not allowed to
> comply with other users' requests?

  - You're not complying with my request, because my Mail-Followup-To on
    this list explicitly requests no copy to me.

However, others may be able to tell you if it worked in this case.

--
 \      "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But |
  `\     the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound |