[linux-elitists] Ha ha Reply-To

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Wed Mar 9 17:44:52 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 11:28 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> On 09-Mar-2005, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> > PPS: If Linux-E is going to reject mail that is to a person and CCed
> > to the list, then why isn't there a Reply-To header by default?
>
> Reply-To is for the sender to indicate where individual replies should
> go, not for the list software to munge.
>
> Followups to the list shouldn't use the Reply-To.
>
> > It's really annoying having to change the recipients every time I
> > reply to a Linux-E message or have the mail dropped on the floor by
> > the list.
>
> If your reply is To the list, use the To field correctly.  If the person
> wants a Cc, they can indicate that with Mail-Followup-To.

I am with you. And I even use the MUA that AJS does. Though I have
always had my stuff on Evo.

BTW, Aaron Evo does have a Reply-to-list function. And, even better you
can define new ones to. I bind CTRL-L to reply-to-list. I also bind
CTRL-SHFT-L to reply-to-list-and-cc-sender. I did this in Evo 1.4.x as
well. I rarely use the second one though.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux