[linux-elitists] Re: MCI boots send-safe (Register) -- adds a net of 11 more spam hosts

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Tue Mar 8 15:28:30 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 14:49, Don Marti wrote:

> Fortunately, there already _is_ a reputation system
> for domain names.  It's called Google.  <elitism>If
> the max Google Juice for any page at that domain is
> below a certain value, what's the chance anyone there
> has anything to say?  If you want to start sending
> "From:" a new domain to strangers, get some inbound
> links first.</elitism>

Garg! That's a terrible idea.

Oh, and hey, I just put up a site at www.example.com, could you check
out the CSS layout for me before I tell the masses?

Get a real reputation system. They're actually easy to build, it's the
promotion and deployment that are hard.

--
Aaron Sherman <ajs@ajs.com>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith