[linux-elitists] Re: MCI boots send-safe (Register) -- adds a net of 11 more spam hosts

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Mar 8 11:49:12 PST 2005

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:24:55PM -0800:

> I think I get at this somewhat more trivially with a proportionate
> rejection scheme:
>
>   - Accept the first mail from a new source.

I doubt this is going to be the default if spam keeps
up its growth rate.

Fortunately, there already _is_ a reputation system
for domain names.  It's called Google.  <elitism>If
the max Google Juice for any page at that domain is
below a certain value, what's the chance anyone there
has anything to say?  If you want to start sending
"From:" a new domain to strangers, get some inbound
links first.</elitism>

Hey, Google hackers -- please put up a simple
interface to get the max juice for a domain.
You could sell a subscription to anyone with an
SPF-checking mail server.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/