[linux-elitists] Re: MCI boots send-safe (Register) -- adds a net of 11 more spam hosts

Rik van Riel riel@surriel.com
Sun Mar 6 09:15:21 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> I do want to point out, though, that this means financial hardship for
> MCI, which implies that some other company is going to be able to step
> in to this market and make money by supporting the send-safes of the
> world...

I'd like to point out that most of MCI's "financial hardship"
is due to legitimate internet users refusing to touch them
with a 10 foot pole.

And yes, competent ISPs have stepped into that market.  Guess
why we almost never see @uu.net email any more ?