[linux-elitists] Re: MCI boots send-safe (Register) -- adds a net of 11 more spam hosts

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Thu Mar 3 22:51:52 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 20:52 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Doesn't mean I'm anti-business, anti-government, or anti-religion.  But
> I believe in a _balance_ of powers, a weighting on _merits_, and an
> avoidance of _extremes_.  Large low-entropy pools are inherently
> dangerous.

Could you give an example of a such a pool, and how it became
dangerous?

I ask because I'm not sure how I should understand the notion of entropy
when it's applied beyond the realm of thermodynamics. Heck, I'm still
struggling to understand it _inside_ that realm!

Best,

--
Bob Bernstein