[linux-elitists] Re: MCI boots send-safe (Register) -- adds a net of 11 more spam hosts

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 2 17:14:48 PST 2005

Quoting Rob McGee (list+Elite@nodns4.us):

[...]

> I could go on, but why?

No, _indeed_, you've amply demonstrated that your rhetoric has flown
entirely off the scale.  (The context and overblown wording of your post
suggested, ludicrously, someone cutting a specific subsidy cheque.  Thus
my comment.)

Thanks for clarifying.

> I thought / hoped that my description of him as a meta-spammer would
> help get that point across.

CLUE:  Don't assume people who aren't jumping on your boat in all
particulars are stupid.  It makes you look even more like a wacko than
the other stuff.

> Are you playing devil's advocate, or is this really not clear?

Do I need to switch to the _small_ words, then?  OK:  We all dislike
spam.  We all dislike spammers.  We all dislike spammers' other firms.
However, given that most of us _are_ adults who know the topic, how
about losing the dumbass hitting-us-over-the-head stuff?  (While you're
at it, how about trimming quotes, too?)

There, that maxed out at two syllables per word.  Better?