[linux-elitists] [dave@farber.net: [IP] more on next obvious question]

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Jun 7 08:38:31 PDT 2005

<quote who="Eugen Leitl">

> I presume by now everybody heard -- what's your thoughts on impact for
> open source *nixes?

I'd be way more concerned if they chose to target a generic x86 platform,
rather than their own proprietary hardware. So now they have another huge
migration hurdle (they handle these well, but they're still painful), and
still won't compete with generic hardware price points.

Fine by me. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 10th-12th        http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "And if you think this fucking little tub of gold popcorn is going to
    remotely make up for everything we've suffered, you're sadly fucking
                            mistaken!" - Gollum