[linux-elitists] Did Linux-Elitists Mailing List drop off...

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 24 13:52:11 PDT 2005

on Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 11:20:25AM -0700, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> begin Greg Folkert quotation of Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 01:23:20PM -0400:
>
> > Or is it just me?
>
> Did the Elitists all start blogs or something?

Honestly, I don't think that's it.

Mix of taking care of the home front, Getting a Job[tm] (success,
w00t!), and for the next month or so, picking up the pieces ... and
moving 'em to $NEW_SECURE_AND_UNDISCLOSED_LOCATION (hell, they haven't
even told me yet).

Things in GNU/Linux-land have been pretty quiet all-round, it's mostly
stable and old-hat.  We need more angst in our lives.

> Maybe it's time to convert this forum from a Mailman
> list to a Planet site.  But not having threading
> would be a definite minus.
>
> What's the right header to put in your outgoing mail
> to pimp your feed?

Siglines.  Let Google do the rest.  Ask Rusty about K5 promotion back in
the day.

> Someone let me know what it is and I'll make a "Planet Elitists".

By all means, but IMO the list still wins.  How about juicing up the
archives a bit and maybe a crosspost Web <=> Mail interface.
Non-proprietary browsers, of course.

Peace.

    gconf-editor:  reimplementation of the MS Windows Registry for
    GNU/Linux, with the concommitant problems of undocumented settings,
    cryptic keys, inability to comment settings, and use of a single,
    specialized application to access the configuration settings.
    - Karsten M. Self