[linux-elitists] What to do about cluebatting such companies, that require possibly *YEARS* old Distros

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 28 17:34:17 PST 2005

Quoting Greg Folkert (greg@gregfolkert.net):

> Weathered, Hard, Tough, Crunchy outside. Warm, gooey, soft and tasty
> inside. Almost sounds like a good french Cream-Puff or Eclair.
>
> I am hoping you understand, Hostile networks are not only on the outside
> of a firewall. A significant percentage come from within. I'd bet those
> that do, just love push-over machines to bidding for them.

Well said.  I personally wasn't going to go there, but, ladies and
gents, this man has seen just that, from the middle of the corporate
LAN/WAN fray.

My own personal preference is to assume hostile all networks and draw
the "security perimeter", if at all, at each host's edge -- but of
course that doesn't work for most sites' user communities.