[linux-elitists] Fedora Legacy

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Thu Jan 27 10:14:19 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 13:00, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Aaron Sherman (ajs@ajs.com):
>
> > Yes, it does. I've had it on my list to upgrade my home machines from
> > 7.3 for some time now, but have been slow due to workload. Is FL totally
> > stalled, or are they only back-porting the remote exploit fixes at this
> > point?
>
> So, are you asking Jon Corbet to repeat himself?  Perhaps it would be more
> efficient for you to iteratively read the mailing list archive.

Sorry, thought I was being clear, but either you decided it was a good
place for a jab misunderstood.

He said:

        This is rather academic, however, since Fedora Legacy appears to
        have ground to a complete halt.  There have been no updates for
        over a month, and systems which depend on Fedora Legacy for
        updates are currently open to a number of vulnerabilities.

So my question was, "Is FL totally stalled, or are they only
back-porting the remote exploit fixes at this point?" That is, are the
vulnerabilities announced since the last updates (over a month ago)
remote exploits that affect the versions of software currently under
7.3? The answer to which changes my level of urgency WRT upgrading my
7.3 boxen quite dramatically (as I would imagine, you could guess). Then
again, perhaps that's the motivation.

I had noticed that FL wasn't sending updates for a while, but had
assumed that they were just dropping back to an emergencies-only basis.

Hence my question.

--
☎ 781-324-3772
✉ ajs@ajs.comhttp://www.ajs.com/~ajs