Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 26 14:02:15 PST 2005

Quoting Tom Duffy (tomduffy@dslextreme.com):

> During install, you can choose to turn firewalling on or off.  I doubt
> the commercial software requires it, but many people disable the
> firewall so they can *telnet* in...don't get me started.

[with exaggerated patience]

Tom, I'm minutely familiar with the anaconda installer.  Being also
clear on the meanings of "default" and "deliberate" strikes me as giving
me an additional leg up, but no matter:  More to the immediate point,
you seem to persist in ignoring the context of this discussion.  I can
only conclude that this is some sort of performance art.