[linux-elitists] Mail indexing, Beagle-styles

Phil Mayers p.mayers@imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 16:21:02 PST 2005

So,

After a long new-year break, I'm back at work on Thursday with some new
years resolutions to enact, one of which being to start managing my
personal information.

I'm thinking something like a fusion of Zoe (http://zoe.nu) with IMAP,
Beagle/Dashboard, Evo's VFolder functionality *server side*, with some
extra features that I haven't (yet) seen anywhere.

Interestingly (sadly) a lot of these search-based email systems (Zoe,
Gmail) eschew folders completely, undoubtedly for complexity reasons.
That irritates me immensely. Am I just being crotchety, and need to move
with the times?

Thoughts?