Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Sat Jan 22 02:05:28 PST 2005

On 20-Jan-2005, Greg Folkert wrote:
> Anyone else got anything (positive) to contribute. I found 2004 to be
> refreshing as far as FOSS is concerned. It is truly amazing that the
> revolution is slowly becoming mundane... 3rd page news etc. To me this
> is a GREAT thing.

The OpenBIOS team finally have their code booting on real hardware.
(AMD64 and x86 in 2004-05, PPC in 2004-08.)

    <http://www.openbios.info/project/news.html>

We're that much closer to entirely free software.

--
 \             "Today, I was -- no, that wasn't me."  -- Steven Wright |
Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au>