Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Jan 20 15:08:06 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 14:45 -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:34:21AM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > Life has been getting on pretty good lately:
>
> WASHINGTON -- George W. Bush today became the nation's 16th president
> to take the oath of office for the second time, telling the world in a
> 21-minute speech that America's freedom depends on spreading liberty
> throughout the globe.

I ignore politics when the chance to change them is gone or too far
away. Personally, neither Kerry nor Bush were the choice I voted for.

> >      3. SUN is starting to find out just how badly they need Linux
>
> Really? I just read in IEEE Spectrum that Sun bought a startup
> developing an advanced multithreaded server CPU and forced them to
> target Solaris instead of Linux.

Yes, yes... I kinda meant in a "Starting to find out that they better
either innovate or embrace it. And that Open-Sourcing stuff is not a
magic bullet, nor will it rally the troops inside the wagon circle" kind
of way.

I guess, I should be more clear in these regards.

BTW, proper etiquette here on L-E is to NOT mail people directly unless
asked to do so, rather direct e-mail the list, with no CC to the poster
either. Don setup L-E to only send ONE e-mail, if you are also in the
mailto list the List Message is suppressed to you, thereby I only got
your direct mail. You just broke my threading, son. (not that I can't
cope ... you see I just wanna complain.)

And come on, your direct e-mail had sprinkles all over it.
/me pulls Aaron Lehmann's IFS handle. Muahahaha!
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux