[linux-elitists] Virtualization

Mike MacCana mmaccana@redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 20:34:21 PST 2005

Teh Entar-Nick wrote:

>begin  Mike MacCana  quotation:
>

>>That's cause I have different, higher standards than you do.
>>

>Sounds more like whiny "I have to use Windows to run my proprietary
>game software!" and "But my mommy sends me Word SpreadBases!"
>wailings.
>

>	Stop acting so helpless, at least on this list.

It sounds like you're incapable of realizing that people have concern
for those other than themselves.
I.e., people are more willing to try Linux if they can run their
existing Windows apps without rebooting.
After a while, they'll may find that there's better, Open Source
equivalents of these apps on Linux natively.

More users = more apps, less shitty websites, better drivers, and more
developers (OSS and otherwise).
So I guess that, like everything has a selfish motivatiuon, but your
assumption is, frankly, dumb.

Mike