[linux-elitists] Virtualization

Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Wed Feb 23 19:14:55 PST 2005

On 24 Feb 2005, Mike MacCana <mmaccana@redhat.com> wrote:

> Ok, but for many other people, being able to run a virtualized Windows
> under Linux at usable speed is their metric for performance.

Sure.  If I wanted to do that, I would probably use vmware too (and
have in the past).

> Which you'd need kernel modules for. I think this is the point Mr Read
> is making - he's certainly not slandering anyone.

I think he was being, shall we say, a bit hasty or inaccurate in
describing what qemu can and can't do.  But this was probably just a
mistake, not malicious, and therefore not slander, and I apologize for
assuming it was.

--
Martin