[linux-elitists] Virtualization

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Wed Feb 23 15:36:15 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:24:16AM +1100, Mike MacCana wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
>
> >No, I complain as the vmware module taints my kenel
> >
> Ie, you don't get support from the Linux kernel mailing list. Did you
> already use that though?

Heh, yes, I do get, and provide support through that list :)

> >requires a separate
> >step to build from my normal kernel build process
> >
> As with any driver not in your distro's kernel, Open Source or not.

True, and as I only run my own fork of the main kernel.org tree, this is
a pain.  But then again, I do realize that not many people do this.  If
I want to, I can add any open source module to my tree (and have done so
in the past, dragging many an old i2c driver along for a ride during
2.5), but with the vmware driver, I can not do this.

thanks,

greg k-h