[linux-elitists] Virtualization

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Wed Feb 23 13:32:25 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:15:54PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin  Greg KH quotation of Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:17:51AM -0800:
>
> > Oh, don't get me started about the horrible train wreck that is OSDL...
>
> OSDL does have some non-technical uses.

And that's exactly it.  It has no technical uses at all, and this is the
very thing that will doom it in the end.

OSDL has become what POSIX was.  A group that churns out horribly
written, vague specs that don't really say anything useful and everyone
ignores except marketing people who want another check box to add to
their product brochures.

I really like the fact that the main commercial distros are showing OSDL
the true meaning of figure one, while the non-commercial ones are just
completely ignoring them.

greg k-h