[linux-elitists] Virtualization

J. Paul Reed preed@sigkill.com
Tue Feb 22 22:13:05 PST 2005

On 22 Feb 2005 at 20:51:26, Greg KH arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> And if we do that, I see no reason why vmware can't use those drivers
> too, so they can finally drop their weird add-on kernel module that is a
> giant pain-in-the-butt for their users.

Uhm. Which one?

VMware Workstation presents a virtualized hardware platform that any
standard Linux distro can use just fine.

I ask because there are a lot of just-plain-wrong conceptions floating
around about VMware-the-product-line (my favorite being "ESX is just giant
kernel module for RedHat 7.2.")

Later,
Paul