[linux-elitists] Virtualization

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Tue Feb 22 15:54:10 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 18:32, Mike MacCana wrote:

> Actually, the one thing I don't like about virtualization is VMWare. A
> great app, but only necessary because Windows isn't ported to any kind
> of VM.

eh? What does "ported to any kind of VM" mean? VMWare is often used to
run Linux or other operating systems under Windows, just as it is used
to run Windows and other OSes under Linux. It's also quite often used to
run Windows under Windows or Linux under Linux. This can be very useful
for threat containment (e.g. virus analysis), running QA against
multiple OS versions at once, etc.

--
☎ 781-324-3772
✉ ajs@ajs.comhttp://www.ajs.com/~ajs