[linux-elitists] Spam spam spam spam

Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Mon Feb 21 00:43:16 PST 2005

On 21 Feb 2005, Aaron Sherman <ajs@ajs.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 22:42 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> >   - The Vint Cerfs of the world.  Great quote from the recent
> >     presidential election, Bill Maher, talking to Ralph Nader:
> >     "I'm giving this [picture of O.J. Simpson] to remind you that
> >     someone can have a lifetime of being considered a hero and then ruin
> >     it because of one thing." You can't ride your laurels forever.
>
> One final question, as I think this horse is just about ready to serve:
>
> What has Cerf done? I know what MCI has done (and I'm not sure if I
> agree with them or not), but what has Cerf done?

I infer people organizing the protest feel Cerf should have resigned
in protest at MCI having send-safe as a customer.  (As far as we know
he may have already done everything short of resigning or publicly
criticizing his employer.)

Or perhaps they don't have anything against him, and they are just
using the opportunity for publicity.

--
Martin