[linux-elitists] Spam spam spam spam

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Sun Feb 20 23:32:31 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 22:42 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

>   - The Vint Cerfs of the world.  Great quote from the recent
>     presidential election, Bill Maher, talking to Ralph Nader:
>     "I'm giving this [picture of O.J. Simpson] to remind you that
>     someone can have a lifetime of being considered a hero and then ruin
>     it because of one thing." You can't ride your laurels forever.

One final question, as I think this horse is just about ready to serve:

What has Cerf done? I know what MCI has done (and I'm not sure if I
agree with them or not), but what has Cerf done? If all he's done is
being an executive of MCI, then I think what you say above rings a touch
hollow. After all, no one's going after the ACM for honoring MCI, and
unless this particular call was made by Cerf, going after him is a
choice made only because he's an accessible target.

Oh, and BTW, I had no idea Bill Maher had said that to Nader. Since a)
Ralph Nader has never done anything that I'm aware of but stand up for
what he believes in and b) Maher was comparing his actions to murder, I
think someone should kick Maher in the shin REALLY hard.