[linux-elitists] Spam spam spam spam

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Fri Feb 18 12:36:42 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 14:48, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> begin  Aaron Sherman  quotation:
> > So, I'm back to the drawing board. Does anyone know of a DNSBL that
> > ONLY lists IPs that are known to be actively originating bulk UCE?
>
> While we're at it, does anyone here know of a Fascist Dictator that
> ONLY builds domestic infrastructure and improves the local economy
> without all of the oppression?

Sarcasm aside, it's clear that many people want this, and it's a viable
business opportunity.

First name I get (after confirmation of policies) is being sent to my
management as a suggested replacement for our current free (but broken)
vendor. I'm sure we can afford a reasonable chunk of change for such a
critical service. Who else wants to put their money where their mail is?

I looked through Spamhaus's docs and they only have one return code for
the SBL (even though they list 4 classes of "offender"), so you can't
know why someone is listed with the SBL, just that they are. For my
purposes, that makes them worthless, sadly (and I was just suggesting
that we buy their rsync service... doh!)

--
☎ 781-324-3772
✉ ajs@ajs.comhttp://www.ajs.com/~ajs