[linux-elitists] Spam spam spam spam

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Thu Feb 17 14:38:35 PST 2005

    AS> ... MCI claimed "spamware [is not] a violation of its terms
    AS> of service"... what does that mean? Is this company sending
    AS> out UCE in bulk, originating from MCI IPs?

I found this two (?) links away:

http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archives/2005/02/mci_criticized_1.html

As far as that link goes, it appears the sentence you quoted refers
to selling spam injecting programs online, not spamming.

I also took a peek at:

http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=158

which roughly says the same thing.  As far as these two go I
understand what MCI is saying, I am unsure I understand the full
implications of what spamhaus seems to be advocating.

cheers,

BM