[linux-elitists] "they promised me a pony!"

Jim Thompson jim@netgate.com
Sun Feb 6 12:06:20 PST 2005

  Bob Bernstein wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 01:34:15PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:

>> Elitists read faster than other people, but we can't watch cartoons
>> faster than other people and that bugs us.

I'm unsure that the statement "eletists read faster than other people"
rings true.  Perhaps its time to unite the dyslexic elite!

> If you show me a Flash cartoon as good as Road Runner or Roger Rabbit,
> then maybe I'll get interested, but right now they're freakin'
> primitive and quite simply suck.

Its not flash, its Qucktime, and there is every chance that it was
rendered on linux.

http://www.uvphactory.com/Portfolio/robot

Or, if you prefer, IBM's doing it too:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/linux/fun/?c=eserver&n=linuxfun_callout_servershome&t=advertise#