[linux-elitists] [IRR] Brazil closing the Gates

Tom Clark tclark@requisitesystems.com
Sun Feb 6 05:08:22 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 18:53 -0500, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 17:20, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> > Here are links for all positical sensibilities:
> >
> >  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4471963
> >  http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,145827,00.html
>
> Jebus. That Fox News story -- well, ok "News" and "story" might not fit
> -- is just downright scary. It's not just politically slanted, but
> actual flamebait.

This sentence from the story:

"The activists in Brazil are generally united in their oppositon(sic) to
what many call unbridled capitalism and the policies of the Bush
administration."

Is a clear message to the Fox audience that they should be opposed to
Free Software advocacy.  So much for getting my dad to try Linux.