[linux-elitists] "they promised me a pony!"

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Sat Feb 5 23:39:09 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 01:34:15PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:

> Elitists read faster than other people, but we can't watch cartoons
> faster than other people and that bugs us.

No, that's not it. Even if I had a "Fast" button, like I do on my
plain old telephone answering machine, I would still be bugged by the
idea that ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY is going only to bring really poor
dumbed-down animations to me.

If you show me a Flash cartoon as good as Road Runner or Roger Rabbit,
then maybe I'll get interested, but right now they're freakin'
primitive and quite simply suck.

--
Bob Bernstein

          And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
          Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?