[linux-elitists] "they promised me a pony!"

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Sat Feb 5 23:39:09 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 01:34:15PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> Elitists read faster than other people, but we can't watch cartoons
> faster than other people and that bugs us.
No, that's not it. Even if I had a "Fast" button, like I do on my
plain old telephone answering machine, I would still be bugged by the
idea that ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY is going only to bring really poor
dumbed-down animations to me.

If you show me a Flash cartoon as good as Road Runner or Roger Rabbit,
then maybe I'll get interested, but right now they're freakin'
primitive and quite simply suck.

Bob Bernstein

          And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
          Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?