[linux-elitists] "they promised me a pony!"

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sat Feb 5 13:34:15 PST 2005

begin  Jim Thompson quotation of Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 09:43:38AM -1000:

> Did it really have to come to this?  Novell is running a "Public Service
> Announcement" on its website.
>
> http://www.novell.com/linux/windowstolinux/publicservice/
>
> Maybe if they'd spend the bucks for a Superbowl Ad...

Yeah, yeah, yeah -- look at the Novell home page.
The number one item is UNIX to Linux migration.
Same with Red Hat -- the two "migrate from" platforms
listed are UNIX and old versions of Red Hat.

If Novell concentrated on getting its resellers fired
up and qualified to replace all those NetWare and
Windows NT 4.0 boxes, they'd get the UNIX customers
along the way.  The other way around doesn't work.

Is the Linux industry turning into "dumbass UNIX
vendors, part II"?

Oh, and Macromedia Flash is a terrible way to reach
the tech influentials who help families and small
businesses make ICT buying decisions.  Elitists read
faster than other people, but we can't watch cartoons
faster than other people and that bugs us.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/