[linux-elitists] [IRR] Brazil closing the Gates

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Fri Feb 4 15:53:19 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 17:20, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Here are links for all positical sensibilities:
>
>  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4471963
>  http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,145827,00.html

Jebus. That Fox News story -- well, ok "News" and "story" might not fit
-- is just downright scary. It's not just politically slanted, but
actual flamebait. Referring to John Barlow as "a former lyricist for the
Greatful Dead" by way of introduction (instead of referring to him as "a
co-founder of the EFF", "a Fellow at Harvard's Institute of Politics" or
"a Berkman Fellow at the Harvard Law School") is something like
introducing George W. Bush as "a former member of Skull and Bones".
There are quite a few other places where the article strays from
reality, but the tone is more like something I'd expect on Slashdot than
in the popular press. I just had no idea how bad Fox News was getting
:-/

--
☎ 781-324-3772
✉ ajs@ajs.comhttp://www.ajs.com/~ajs