Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 4 13:15:52 PST 2005

Quoting Aaron Burt (aaron@bavariati.org):

> A bulk of the ones that do run Linux will be developed carefully for
> large-scale production (e.g. Tivo, Linksys).  My point is that the
> remainder, out in the Long Tail, will be built in a rush by folks with
> very little grasp of good security practice.

{shrug}  OK, so when the cheap throwaway piece of sh__ breaks, in the
unlikely event that the issue of it running Linux arises instead of it
being just hurled into the rubbish bin and replaced, any questions asked
will have obvious and readily available answers.

(And please don't raise Gene's "corporations have no brain" point again
by way of reply.  Thanks.)