Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 4 08:01:04 PST 2005

Quoting Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org):

>  If the machine had been compromised (and the fact detected, a rather
>  large if in most corporate environments), the blame would be put
>  squarely on "Linux" (not "RedHat 9", "Linux". I'm seeing this every
>  day, it's an issue of predominant culture, and blame assignment
>  politics).

Or on sunspots, Communism, El Nino, or test match results.

Blame in corporate environments indeed tends to be severely broken, but
this really isn't news, Gene:  I wasn't proposing to storm Wall Street
and teach them common sense; I was merely suggesting that people's
machines blowing up out of readily identifiable stupid errors is a
useful opportunity to point meaningfully towards the spreading clue tree
and the fruit thereof.  People have been known to notice.

If that doesn't work for you, then, OK, fine.  Views Differ<tm>.