[linux-elitists] mini-markup language?

Evan Prodromou evan@bad.dynu.ca
Sat Aug 27 07:48:58 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 10:29 -0700, Don Marti wrote:

> What's a good lightweight markup language to actually
> write in?

I'm a *big* fan of reST (re-Structured Text), a more-or-less compatible
reformulation of Structured Text, which itself was based on Usenet and
mailing-list conventions for plain text markup. See here:

        http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html

I typically use reST for technical documents and I've found it very
compatible with most text editors and Unix text-processing tools.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou
evan@bad.dynu.ca