[linux-elitists] mini-markup language?

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Thu Aug 25 20:02:40 PDT 2005

begin  Don Marti  quotation:
> What's a good lightweight markup language to actually
> write in?

I've started using reST stuff in docutils.  It's in the python-docutils
package.

To quote the developers, "It's a common itch, oft scratched." and you'll
find a zillion tools out there.  Each makes compromises, selects which
formats to output, and otherwise sucks in its own subtle way.

The big reason I went with reST was because of an LJ article about
Clinton R. Nixon (who I knew from other fora).  He seems to have some
crazy scripts that make it spit out Scribus nonsense, though I've never
found his code anywhere.

--
"If, as they say, God spanked the town                          Nick Moffitt
for being over frisky,                                    nick@teh.entar.net