[linux-elitists] apropos of nothing

Simon Perreault nomis80@nomis80.org
Thu Aug 4 07:33:34 PDT 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 10:12, Greg Folkert wrote:
> Ever heard of "dh-make-perl"?

Sure, Aaron juste mentioned it.

> Far, far better implementation than that cpan2rpm crap you call making
> it easier.

Why so?

> The best part of this whole story, is that *IF* someone DOES decide to
> upload a module or set of modules to the Debian archive, the package
> made by dh-make-perl will be upgraded as well, providing it is newer in
> its version... or even sub-version.

cpan2rpm does this as well.

> Now, what was that about Debian Hippies? If you don't use it and don't
> understand it, please in all respects, don't resort to name calling...
> you RPM-FACIST! And yes, I use rpm. I am currently still supporting many
> systems that use rpm as the primary means for package
> pseudo-management.

You say that cuz you're a Debian hippie.

"Hippies. They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is
smoke pot and smell bad."

> By pseudo, package management is all about quality control. How many RPM
> distributions have POLICY behind package management and redundancy?
> Policy requiring many check by satisfied, specifically about how
> compliant it must be to be included, what changes must be done to allow
> distribution... etc.

Sure, the world needs more policies.

Oh, and don't bother replying to this elitist troll. Maybe I shouldn't have
replied to yours. Have a nice day.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org