[linux-elitists] apropos of nothing

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Aug 4 07:03:30 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 20:15 -0400, Modus Operandi wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>     At risk of reinforcing your impression of me as a perennially
>     confused elitist-wannabee (well-warranted, although my non-technical
>     friends seem to think I'm some kind of whiz) I'd like to ask about
>     something that's been unclear to me lately: the mysterious
>     relationship between the CPAN versions of Perl modules and the
>     $DEBIAN_FLAVOR packages which also provide Perl module support.
[...]
>     That's why I'm glad I'm on this list, with a bunch of people who are
>     smarter than me.

If, you decide you must use CPAN.

Then: "apt-get install dh-make-perl"

Then: "Read The Fine Manpage" AND /usr/share/doc/dh-make-perl/READ*

That way, lotsa things get F1XX0RZD all at the same time.

Basically, CPANPLUS not worky, CPAN worky, if you plan on uploading the
resultant module to Debian through a mentor or someone that is willing
to put thier name on it, make sure you make it DSFG and DDP compliant.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing.