[linux-elitists] Integrating the firewall and the package manager?

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sat Apr 30 16:24:17 PDT 2005

begin  Karsten M. Self  quotation:
> Too:  I've heard that GNU/Linux can be run as a multiuser system,
> though for the life of me, I can't think of why anyone would want to
> to that, or anyone who does.

	Yeah, that's kind of a big hole in this scheme for multi-user
systems like zork.  If you're the sort of sysadmin who bangs everyone
over the head and says "just tunnel it all through ssh and stop
bothering me!" it's probably just fine.  But if you want to be able to
let users run their own MUD daemons on port 31337 etc at will, you'd
have to do a little extra work.

--
"Man, if everything were object-oriented then rsync           Nick Moffitt
could do this already. Of course, if everything were    nick@teh.entar.net